I am currently working for LG Electronics as a security researcher, and I have a 9 years of work experience in security area.
My research work focuses on mobile & system security and reversing. I am also interested in doing CTFs and finding new vulnerabilities using static and dynamic analysis methods.
I got my undergraduate degree at the University of Manchester major in Software Engineering, and I got master degree at KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) major in Information Security.
You can see my security posts include CTF write-up HERE
- All about Activity Injection: Threat, Semantics, and Detection
Proceedings of the 32nd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), (To Appear)
- Bittersweet ADB: Attacks and Defenses
Sungjae Hwang, Sungho Lee, Yongdae Kim, Sukyoung Ryu
Proceeding of the 10th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communication Security, April 2015
- Update Vulnerability in Android
M.S. Thesis, KAIST 2014
Advisor: Yongdae Kim, Co-Advisor: Sukyoung Ryu
- A Technique of Symptoms Analysis over Time for Detection of APT Attacks
Sangyong Choi, Sungjae Hwang
International Conference on Smart Convergence Technologies and Applications (SCTA 2012)
- Selected as a Member of South Korean Chess National Team in Summer Universiade Kazan, 2013
- 1st Prize (Gold Medal) in Mind Sport Olympiad Chess Tournment, 2010
- 1st Prize (Gold Medal) in Mind Sport Olympiad Chess Tournment, 2008
- 1st Prize (Gold Medal) in Mind Sport Olympiad Chess Tournment, 2006
- 3rd Prize (Bronze Medal) in Asian Dragon Chess Tournment, 2008
- Participated 38th World Chess Olympiad as a member of South Korea National Team, 2008